NCWBA Business & Education Meeting Minutes for Dec. 11, 201, PUD Bldg, 5 pm
Business &Education Meetings all at the Chelan County PUD auditorium:
- January 15, 2017, 5pm
- February 12, 2017, 5pm
- March 12, 2017, 5pm
- January 5, 2017, 6pm, Milepost 111, Cashmere
- February 9, 2017, 6pm, Bob’s Burger & Brew, East Wenatchee
- March 2, 6pm, El Agave, Wenatchee, unless another location is recommended.
Apprentice Beekeeping Classes: March 11, 18, 25; time and location to be announced.
Treasurer’s Report: Checking: $1,921.49; Savings: $1,129.06
Al Zalewski reported on the various research and development topics from the October, 2016, Canadian beekeeping conference in British Columbia, Canada.
Steve Foley, club president reported:
- The January 15, 2017 business and education meeting will focus on the annual election of new NCWBA officers and voting on proposed changes in the club bylaws. The proposed changes will be posted in advance of the meeting;
- He is preparing a budget for presentation at the January meeting
- The audit committee is currently led by Daryn Klinginsmith, VP
- The Washington Master Beekeepers Assoc. is the agency which provides the focus and educational aspects of Washington State beekeeping.
Bulk equipment order:
Wayne Ranne reported that he is waiting for a couple of people to get their money for equipment to the treasurer, Kriss Crilly, so the order can be released for shipping. Approximately $2000 of equipment is on order.
Community Outreach per Kriss:
- At the Chelan County Fair, the club will have a larger space in the Wilcox building to set up our beekeeping displays and demonstrations
- Two club members, Steve Smith and Peter King, will present beekeeping information at the annual meeting of the South Douglas and Foster Creek Conservation Districts.
The Chelan County PUD auditorium will be closed for use by the club for 1 ½ years, starting from April 2017. A new location is being sought.
Jeff Hampton demonstrated a new website for non-profit groups operated by Wild Apricot. Club members voted to subscribe for 2 months at the rate of $40/month and to decide whether to continue in January. Fees for online processing of membership fees, bulk equipment orders, bee orders, etc. are at a rate of 2.2% plus 30 cents per transaction.